Set policy and standards for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) across Expo, deliver communication, training and engagement initiatives to develop a positive HSE culture and provide monitoring and assurance activities to evaluate the implementation of HSE management arrangements and drive continual improvement in HSE systems and performance.Opportunity Responsibilities
The Zone Health and Safety Manager is responsible for promoting a safe work environment within the Expo Site, with a specific focus on all functional requirements leading to the Event, which also includes overseeing the transition of all assets from the contractor (main Contractor and Overlay contractors) to the Events Operations team, other business departments and external stakeholders. The role will assist in the management of risk assessments and health and safety analysis of operations across different site areas in order to ensure compliance with health, safety and environment standards and other relevant guidelines.
The role will support a specific zone or operations within Expo 2020 and participate in the planning, preparation and delivery of this area, ensuring integration of health and safety into all decision making and operations. The role will manage the deployed health and safety assets within their zone and be responsible for the day-to-day management of these resources.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Support the implementation of Expo’s HSQE strategy and management arrangements, including development of site management and event safety standards in line with the overall business objectives of the organisation;
- Supervise day-to-day activities, providing health and safety advice to staff and to the line manager, encouraging teamwork, implementing work processes, and resolving any escalated issues in order to ensure that work is correctly prioritized and completed as per procedures, standards and departmental requirements;
- Manage the resource utilization of the health and safety staff for the project in order to ensure coverage and compliance across the site in line with relevant health and safety standards;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSQE procedures, standards and guidelines and promote the development of a positive organisational culture;
- Supervise inspections of all operational areas and carry out periodic inspections to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and identify non-compliance, unsafe practices and conditions;
- Review the findings of all the inspections carried out by the team and propose remedial actions in order to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner and that action plans are followed up on;
- Plan inspections and audits, including preparation of reports for management attention;
- Model safe behaviors and provide advice and assistance to all personnel on HSE matters;
- Support the HSE team and provide mentoring and guidance to the team to ensure a robust management across all Expo 2020 operations.Skills
6+ years of experience, preferably with experience in managing a team and previous major event programme, as well as:
- A Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field;
- Professional health and safety certifications and/or accreditation from local and internationally recognized health and safety standards organizations;
- Coordination of and participation in a large departmental program a necessity;
- Worked with multinational and diverse teams;
- Knowledge across key event operational functions, understanding the site management dependencies with the other operational functions and non-operational directorates;
- Experience in working with senior level Government partners and multi-agency stakeholders;
- Team management skills, presentation skills, risk management skills, project management skills, high attention to detail, communication skills.