Brief Role Description: Solar Engineer to provide technical engineering package and support to installation teams during designing and installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring. Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules, and must be able to work without supervision, and to be a go-getter and able to solve problems analytically. A proven track record of 3+ years of solar project experience, including all types of solar systems on/off Grid (ground, rooftop, car parking).
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect all the necessary structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of commercial, industrial, and domestic solar power systems.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Develop detailed engineering drawing including 3D models and shadow analysis with losses and optimization recommendations of the site for solar energy installations using computer-aided design (CAD), PVsyst, SketchUp
- Details engineering should also include creating electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, and connection diagrams, and optimized routing schedules.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for energy systems and components.
- Prepare a detailed BOQ to be sent out to suppliers and contractors.
- Provide full support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Ensure to meet the target dates and work schedule milestones on time.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects
- Draft the scope of work and estimate the respective project budget.
- To handle the site team for O&M (software and hardware).
Who we're looking for:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Solar System Engineering
- 4+ years of experience with at least 2 years in the solar industry in the UAE/MENA
- UAE Drive license is Mandatory.
- DEWA Solar Approved Engineer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dubai Silicon Oasis (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19