Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
With the acquisition of Souq and its affiliated businesses, Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa. Our MENA Compliance and Safety team is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join our team. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon's business, its platform, and relevant technologies. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides support for the Direct Imports Compliance Program for the MENA region.Responsibilities
The Direct Import Product Compliance Manager will be responsible for collecting product and business requirements, driving the development schedule from design to release (including testing and training), making appropriate tradeoffs to manage risk, and clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to scope and deliver complex solutions. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, must be able to thrive and succeed in an ever changing environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The DIPC Manager must not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up their sleeves, dig in, and get the job done. Strategic thinking, maturity, negotiation skills, and the ability to influence are essential to success in this role.
The role of the Compliance Manager for MENA Direct Import program will be identifying opportunities and implementing initiatives to improve the flow of goods (cost, time and visibility) across our Direct Imports program. This individual will partner with various teams across Amazon (Retail, Compliance, Global Logistics, Supply Chain Technology, Finance and Inbound teams) as well as external partners to support critical new business initiatives and drive continuous improvement in all aspects of our program.
You will manage a Compliance operation team to support the retail teams at Amazon to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory guidelines for our products.
You will also support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses and operations by executing on a broad range of import compliance matters, including high profile projects related to trade compliance and product compliance. You will work directly with retail procurement teams, transportation operations, legal, tax and a variety of internal businesses and outside vendors to drive import/product compliance across the supply chain. Build and enforce global compliance solutions, including supply chain integration, valuation reviews, trade classification processes and audit workflowsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent working experience)
- 5-10 years of experience with product compliance
- 5+ years of experience with product safety / consumer compliance regulations in the GSO countries.
- Deep knowledge of GSO regulatory requirements for at least one product category.
-Curiosity to develop knowledge of additional product categories.
-Proficiency with implementing processes to comply with regulatory requirements
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience in an e-commerce environment or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus.
- Key Competencies: A-Z process ownership; deals well with ambiguity, function well and able to clearly define processes in loosely structured situations; comfortable with following up actions from others.
- Working knowledge of lean six sigma and process improvement methodologies.