Implements Human Resource plan to ensure alignment between the business operations and the HR practices and objectives. Has a keen understanding of the business’s strategy, providing dynamic and practical solutions drawing on their HR experience, data analysis, and organizational ability to guide decision making.
The Human Resources Generalist is the first point of contact for managers and employees in the Functions and is primarily focused on attending to employee and management needs.Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Implement the agreed HR Operational Plan across the business functions they represent
- Have in depth HR knowledge of the various sub-functions of HR including Recruitment & Selection, C&B, Talent Management, HRIS, L&D to be able to offer the advice and support the business leads require to build winning teams.
- Be able to coach and advise both employees and management on a broad range of people related matters.
- Effectively manage Employee Relations in their departments to maintain a healthy work environment and to minimize the risk of conflict and or grievances/disputes.
- Be proactive in adhering to HR processes, policies and procedures to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Ensure a high-end quality HR service delivery is provided to external candidates and employees throughout the entire candidate experience.
- Ensure that managers and employees are trained and capable of conducting effective performance reviews and that the function(s) focus on recognizing and rewarding high performers.
- Plays an integral role in the selection and development of talent for the function(s) and supports and facilitates the talent review process with the TM team for their departments.
- Is the key point of contact for employees to go to for advice on a broad range of people related matters.
- Be a trusted advisor to senior management and work closely with the Senior HR Manager for the Project Execution Delivery and Support Functions
- Communicate clearly and interface well with the PSSC to ensure the transactional HR tasks are performed in a timely manner and to the highest standard and error free.
- Perform standard analyses on existent people management policies and programs and drawing actionable solutions and identifying areas of improvement.
- Accredited relevant degree with additional ongoing education in area of expertise e.g. CIPD qualification
- 4-10 years of HR experience as a HR Generalist/Specialist in a large organization, ideally multi-national background
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and be able to be discreet when dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to form strong connections with others, earning their trust, and hence being able to influence people at all levels in the business
- Be self-motivated, proactive and go beyond the call of duty
- Possess a keen eye for attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand issues quickly and communicate effectively with employees and management
- Previous experience in the oil and gas industry a plus.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Oracle and Outlook). Familiarisation with SAP, People Soft and HR Oracle desirable.
- Must be used to working at a fast pace and able to adapt to change quickly
- Comfortable presenting to management on various HR initiatives and training others in HR processes, policies and procedures.
- Be a team player
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.